[Review: Part 2] Clear + Brilliant® Treatment by Solta Medical ❤

I had my first ever skincare treatment of Clear + Brilliant® as I never went for any before. So what attracts me to go for this? It gave me a visibly illuminated skin tone, renewed, ultra-soft and smoother texture, naturally radiant and glowing skin, improved tone, texture and radiance. Most importantly it helps to tighten pores and solve oily skin! To check out the previous post on Clear + Brilliant® treatment, here's the link: http://janiceyeap.blogspot.com/2014/11/review-part-1-clear-brilliant-treatment.html. 


Clear + Brilliant® machine. (: 

"Clear + Brilliant® is effective, safe, proactive laser skincare for regular maintenance. Based on proven fractional laser technology, Clear + Brilliant is perfect for patients who want to refresh their look, help prevent signs of aging and do all they can to keep their skin looking younger and more radiant. It also creates a more even skin canvas, with reduction in the appearance of pores and helps improve tone and texture and gives skin a radiant, youthful glow"

During the consultation, Dr Fazleenah said that I have dull and uneven skin tone. So Dr Faz suggested to me to try out Clear + Brilliant® treatment which will also help to improve tone, texture and reduce the pore size appearance on my skin.


Since I knew that I would be going for facial treatment, I did not apply any makeup except for sunblock. However, I had to get my face well-cleansed before they applied numbing cream. Cleansing is the very essential step before any laser treatment to ensure that all the impurities are well-removed and no pores are blocked during the treatment. It's important to have a deep cleansing before laser treatments so that the laser treatment can penetrate better. :D


Numbing cream was then applied on my skin and leave on for 20 minutes in order for the numb to take its effect. Numbing cream would be washed away after that once the numb took its effect. I could not feel my face after that.


Dr Fazleenah came in after that to start on the laser treatment. Clear + Brilliant includes an Intelligent Optical Tracking™ System (IOTS) that senses skin contact with the treatment tip rollers and the motion of the tip relative to the skin surface. This feature ensures safety and uniform treatment delivery. 


There are a few levels which suit the pain. The level of the laser treatment can be adjusted accordingly. I could feel the prickly feeling when Dr Fazleenah started off with the medium level especially on the jaw line. Dr Faz then change to the low level and yet I could still feel the pain. Dr Faz told me she did a few Clear + Brilliant® treatment without any numbing cream and she tried on the high level before. *jaw drop* Skin started to turn red immediately after the treatment started.


Dr Faz then brought in the air blower which blasts cool air to minimize discomfort during the treatment. The laser felt like needles pricking on the skin, and I could feel my skin instantly felt very hot. Certain areas were uncomfortable especially on the jawline and hairline. However the pain was then tolerable with the help of the cold air from the air blower. 


The screen showed that treatment is almost 85% done and the low treatment level displayed on the screen too.


This treatment only takes 30 minutes and Dr Faz applied the cooling gel to reduce the redness on my skin and relieve the stinging or burning sensation often felt immediately after the treatment. A special tool is used to massage on the skin to ensure high penetration of the skincare products on the skin in the future. Did I tell you that this cooling gel also helps to brighten your skin? 


Another round of cooling gel was applied on the skin for 15 minutes to end the whole session of the treatment that day.


Final step is to apply moisturizer and sunblock to end the treatment of the day.


This treatment was the perfect fit for instantly rejuvenating my skin and skin got fairer than before. :D The treatment only took 30 minutes and voila! You can have fairer and more radiant skin after one treatment! :D

A photo with Dr Faz after the treatment (:

It's pretty common to have redness on the skin especially right after the treatment but it will diminish in a few days.

Redness caused on the skin immediately after the treatment.

However, I could see the difference on my skin especially on the fairer side. This was my first treatment and I am able to feel that my pores were much tighter! *yay* 

The redness subsided later at night. 

Some rough surface formed on the skin after few days. New skin (epithelium) will start to form within 24 hours but will remain covered by the old superficial layer of the skin (stratum corneum). This new skin formation usually lasts about 4 days, but can be longer for some skin types. During that time, the skin's natural exfoliation process will reveal the newly repaired skin tissue. You can protect it by avoiding aggressive mechanical exfoliation and by applying moisturizers and sunscreen frequently. 

After treatment, the skin is more sensitive to the sun, which can increase the risk of unwanted pigmentation and sunburn. I would suggest you to apply a high SPF sunscreen on a regular basis. Applying sunscreen helps maintain good results. In general, direct sunlight avoidance is highly recommended as well as wearing sun-protective clothing (a wide-brimmed hat) whenever possible.

Most skin care products can be used the day after treatment. Try avoid using retinoids, whitening products or facial scrubs  for 1 – 2 weeks after treatment.

Naturally radiant and glowing skin after one week! :D


VERDICT
I noticed that the skin became brighter and more glowing with the treatment. Indeed, one session of Clear + Brilliant® treatment can leave my skin feeling smoother and younger and gives me the radiant glow that I ever wish for. I like how this Clear + Brilliant® treatment does not have social downtime and I can work on my daily activity immediately.

I applied sleeping mask every night to replenish the moisture on the skin because the skin would tend to get very dry especially after laser treatment. I also avoid using retinoids, whitening products or facial scrubs for 1 – 2 weeks after treatment.

My skin significantly has:
  •     visibly illuminated skin tone
  •     renewed, ultra-soft and smoother texture
  •     naturally radiant and glowing skin
  •     improved tone, texture and radiance
  •     reduction in the appearance of pores

Do stay tuned to my next post on the updates on my skin after 1 month and 3 months! :D I can't wait to share with you guys on that the process of the treatment! :D  To those who wish to know more about the treatment, check out Solta Medical's website here: www.soltamedical.com.



Beverly Wilshire Clinic
Lot L1-03, Level 1,
Tropicana City Mall,
3, Jalan SS20/27,
47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Business Hours: Monday to Sunday (10.00 am -8.00 pm)

Tel: +603 7725 8890
Fax: +603 7725 8891
Email: enquiries@beverlywilshiremedical.com
Website: http://www.beverlywilshiremedical.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BeverlyWilshireMedical






❤ Follow me at
Instagram - @janicemonteith
Dayre - janiceyeap
Twitter - @janicemonteith
Imotiv - janiceyeap

Comments