[Beauty Review] Avene More Than Just Water ❤

A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to meet the Eau Thermale Avène team at Nara Kitchen & Co with a bunch of bloggers. I am pretty sure most of you have heard of Eau Thermale Avène brand. Do you know that this brand does not only carry the star product, Eau Thermale Avène Thermal Spring Water but also other range of skincare products which cater for sensitive and normal skin as well?



I had no doubt about their products at all because I am a huge fan of their Eau Thermale Avène Thermal Spring Water 6 to 7 years ago. Both sister and I have been the avid users of Eau Thermale Avène Spring Water when we discovered it many years ago. We would carry it everywhere we go as it helps to soothe our dry skin. Sister has eczema and this Spring Water has been her saviour back then.

My all-time favourite Avène Thermal Spring Water 
Now that Eau Thermale Avène has come out with more and more products to cater sensitive skin and to those who suffers eczema.


Hydrance Optimale range 
Sun Care range 
Do you know that they also have the Avène Hydrotherapy Centre in France? The legitimacy of Eau Thermale Avène Thermal Spring Water starts at the Hydrotherapy Centre. The Avène Hydrotherapy Center offers an elegant architecture that blends in perfectly with the pristine site of the Sainte-Odile spring. The center is equipped with the latest medical equipment.

Hydrotherapy Center. Photo credits to Avène Malaysia website 
Treatments are conducted under strict medical control and widely contribute in establishing Avène Thermal Spring Water’s reputation. To enjoy this green valley, people come from Europe, of course, but also from the U.S., Japan and China.

Daily treatments take place under dermatological control and include core treatments common to all pathologies and complementary treatments prescribed on an individual basis. In addition, the Avène Hydrotherapy Center has developed educational and information programs to assist patients in understanding their condition better and therefore optimize the treatment benefits.

Eau Thermale Avène products
Thanks to Eau Thermale Avène Malaysia team that I have the opportunity to try out their skincare products and not forgetting my all-time favourite Eau Thermale Avène Thermal Spring Water too. *winkz* The products which I have received are

Cleanse: Eau Thermale Avène Gentle Cleansing Foam 150 ml
Soothe: Eau Thermale Avène Thermal Spring Water (Available in 50 ml, 150 ml and 300 ml)
Tone: Eau Thermale Avène Gentle Toner 200 ml
Moisture: Eau Thermale Avène Hydrance Optimale Light Hydrating Cream 40 ml
Protect: Eau Thermale Avène Day Protector Tinted SPF30 40 ml

Step 1 - Cleanse: Eau Thermale Avène Gentle Cleansing Foam
This gentle cleansing foam works well for sensitive skin. I do not really have sensitive skin but I have rather dry skin and some redness around my nose area. This cleansing foam helps to cleanse and remove the impurities on the face and at the same time helps to keep the moisture level on my face without feeling dry.


Skin becomes softer instantly
You can just squeeze a small amount and since it comes in a foam format, you do not need a large amount of water to create more foam. In fact you can just put straight on your face and thoroughly massage it on your face to ensure all the impurities and dirts are being removed.


My skin is cleansed thoroughly and it feels soft after washing with this Gentle Cleansing Foam.

Step 2 - Soothe: Eau Thermale Avène Thermal Spring Water
Next up would be my favourite Eau Thermale Avène Thermal Spring Water. You have no idea how much I love Eau Thermale Avène Thermal Spring Water. To be honest, I have been using the spring water for 6 to 7 years now. I started using back then when I was still studying my degree course. I had super dry skin around my cheeks and nose area and I can't recall who or how did I get to know about this brand and I have been using since then. It comes in a few different sizes and I normally carry a small bottle with me wherever I go and my skin recovered from dryness completely. No kidding! 


Even my sister who has eczema is using this Eau Thermale Avène Thermal Spring Water till now. We have not tried other spring water before because we are too confident with this product. I also used this as a mask on regular basis to ensure my skin is fully hydrated. 


You can also use this before and after your makeup to soothe your skin. It works superb well! 

Step 3 - Tone: Eau Thermale Avène Gentle Toner
Complete the cleansing routine with Avène Gentle Toner. This gentle toner soothes the skin and helps to restore skin's natural pH balance.


This toner is enriched with silicates which protects the skin gently day after day. This alcohol-free formula is suitable for all skin types even for the sensitive skin. It is also enriched with the Spring Water to soothe your skin instantly.

Step 4 - Moisture: Eau Thermale Avène Hydrance Optimale Light Cream 40 ml
Next step is to apply moisturiser. Daily moisturisers enriched with Avène Thermal Spring Water and clinically proven ingredients to address individual skin concerns. Avène has developed Hydrance Optimale, a new generation of moisturising skincare inspired by the hydration mechanism of the eye.

Our eye is covered by a protective and nourishing film which keeps the eye surface moist all the time. This special film contains 2 specific proteins (lipocaline and mucine) which stabilizes the protective film, curb evaporation of tears and encourage even distribution of moisture over the surface of the eyes. This is why our eyes always remain moist. Hydrance Optimale ensures a maximal release of Avène Thermal Spring Water into the skin. 

With active ingredients such as Avène Thermal Spring Water, Lipomucine, Meiboserine and Lipid Trio, Hydrance Optimale Light Cream is a fluid, non-greasy emulsion for dehydrated normal to combination sensitive skin.


Lipomucine
  • An active complex, which promotes even distribution of water over the skin and holds it on the skin, keeping it perfectly hydrated
  • Drop of water on the same hydrated skin with Hydrance Optimale.

Meiboserine
  • Limits the evaporation of Avène Thermal Spring Water 

Lipid Trio 
  • Restores an effective skin barrier against dehydration.
  • Distributes water over the skin and holds it
  • Skin is hydrated 

Try to put a adequate amount on your face by dabbing 4 dots of the cream on your face and lightly massage the cream on the skin for maximum absorption.

Eau Thermale Avène Hydrance Optimale Light Cream 40 ml contains sebum-regulating capsules, which absorb excess sebum and put an end to shiny skin. I like how it is easily absorbed for an immediate soothing effect. It also helps to reduce some redness and dryness on my nose area.


With Eau Thermale Avène Hydrance Optimale range, your skin receives optimal levels of hydration, feels soothes and restored to all its softness and brilliance. Available in 3 exquisite formulas - paraben-free, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic, with fine and creamy textures, each specially designed to suit your skin type. 

Softer and more hydrated skin
The last step to skincare routine is to apply sun care. It is important to apply sun care as it protects the skin from UV rays and daily pollution. Sensitive skin is more easily affected by UV radiations, photoaging is accelerated and causes wrinkles, brown spots, lack of skin tone uniformity, loss of elasticity. 

Eau Thermale Avène offers the new Day Protector Tinted SPF 30 PA+++. Thanks to its unique properties and formulation, this range gives soothing relief and daily protection from external stresses. 

Step 5 - Protect: Eau Thermale Avène Day Protector Tinted SPF 30 PA+++ 40 ml
This Avène Day Protector Tinted SPF 30 PA+++ is a subtly tinted, lightweight and mattifying crew which is specially formulated to protect all types of sensitive skin from the harmful UV rays and external stresses.


This range contains SPF 30 PA+++ photo protection system to protect skin from harmful effects of UVA and UVB rays. It is also formulated with a combination of mineral pigments and brightening pearls to unify your complexion by covering blemishes, fine lines, and pores.


The combination of mineral pigments and brightening pearls to unify the complexion and instantly even out skin tones. It is also rich in Avène Thermal Spring Water to soothe skin discomfort. You can also use the Eau Thermale Avène Day Protector Tinted SPF 30 PA+++ alone or mix with serum.



This Day Protector gives my skin a healthy glow effect with matte finish. The unique subtle tint shade instantly matches most Asian skin natural tone for a more even complexion and healthy-looking skin. It does not make my skin feel greasy for the whole day especially I go out under the skin most of the time. This is definitely a plus point for me in using this Day Protector Tinted SPF 30 PA+++. 

---------------------------------------

On the other hand, here are the results after using the Avène products for 21 days. Skin looking dull and dry before using and you can see an improvement on the skin tone after 21 days. With daily usage of Day Protector Tinted SPF 30 PA+++, it evens out my skin tone and brings out the healthy glow on my face. 

Improvement on skin tone after 21 days. 
As for the moisture level, I also noticed that my skin is more hydrated and does not feel dry as before. My pores are minimized and the hydration level is increased from 34% to 40% after using the products for 21 days. 

Improvement on the hydration level after 21 days. 
My skin no longer feels dry and cracked especially around the nose area. I am satisfied with the products so far. It feels great to have such hydrated skin with Avène products. Thanks to the Eau Thermale Avène Thermal Spring Water because I carry it along with me most of the time since I work and sleep in air-conditioned room.

Thanks to Eau Thermale Avène for the great invention. I am sure those who suffers from eczema or have sensitive skin would love to try these products from Avène. I will definitely repurchase them and this time I am planning to buy for my sister who suffers from eczema too. I think these products will help her to ease the redness / itchiness on her sensitive skin. 

For more informations on Eau Thermale Avène products, do check out their official Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/AveneMY or hashtags: #AveneMalaysia #MoreThanJustWater #UnderstandYourSkin. 





❤ Follow me at
Instagram - @janicemonteith
Dayre - janiceyeap
Twitter - @msjaniceyeap

Comments