[Food Review] Yuzen Japanese Restaurant ❤

Too much of Western and Eastern food?

It's time to indulge in Japanese food. I went to try out Japanese cuisine at Yuzen Japanese Restaurant which is located at Damansara Perdana. This was my first time attending food review organised by Food Ink. Thank you for having me! (:


When it comes to food, nothing beats the taste and freshness of Japanese food. I am a huge fan of Japanese food ever since I moved to KL to further my studies 8 years ago. I have no idea how and when did I fall in love with Japanese food but Japanese food has been become one of my favourite food since then. (:




It gives me great pleasure to write about this restaurant which is owned and operated by Chef Machi, a local Chinese chef who learnt his culinary skills in Japan. The decor caught my attention when I first came in. The exterior looks beautiful with the greeneries which soothe my eyes. 


On the other hand, the restaurant comes with a nice counter top on the outside for the waiters or waitress to serve / make their drinks there. There's wine rack on top of the counter top too. 


Stella explained the background of the restaurant while waiting for our food to arrive. The review kicked off with a small souvenir given by Stella. 


Chef Machi has more than 20 years experience in preparing Japanese cuisine. To bring out the best of Yuzen's Japanese dishes, Chef Machi emphasized on serving only the freshest of the fresh. He ensures on the freshness and authenticity of his dishes which he sourced personally direct from the local import house. 

Tuna Kakaki Avocado - RM22

A small portion of Tuna Kakaki Avocado is sufficient to trigger your tummy. This works as an appetiser for me before I started on with other food. The tuna which was served is soft and succulent and I enjoyed it. 

Salmon Ikura Tataki – RM28

By far, Salmon Ikura Tataki is one of my favourite dish. I am a huge fan of raw salmon and this is one of the best salmon I have ever tried. The salmon melted on my mouth and the tenderness of it was good. (:

Crab Meat Chawan Mushi - RM10

Not a huge fan of chawan mushi but this serves as one of the best chawan mushi I have ever tried. The soft and smooth steamed egg was too delicious with additional topping of crab meat made my day. Probably I will not go and try other chawan sushi from other restaurants anymore. 

Salmon Teriyaki - RM18

Don't really like this dish because I would still prefer the raw ones. However this was pretty good  especially the sauce and i enjoyed having it more than one bite. :P 

Surume Oka Teriyaki (Squid) – RM20.50
I felt the Surume Ika Teriyaki (Grilled Squid) was one of the highlights throughout the meal. The squid was grilled to perfection served with the dipping sauce made of squid roe. The squid was chewy and to those love to eat squid, you guys SHOULD ORDER this! 

Chicken Katsu Tororro - RM25

I thought it would be a normal chicken katsu but I was wrong. The chicken serves well with the slimy Japanese yam. The Japanese yam is tasteless when you eat it directly however it blends well with the chicken and it tastes delicious! :D 


I believe when it comes to Japanese food, most of us including me will go for their sashimi or sushi. Overall, I am satisfied with the food. Seriously nothing beats the Japanese in taste, freshness and presentation. Even though the pricing might be slightly expensive but I think it's worth the money spent. It's good to indulge some good food once in a while. You may also walk in anytime if you feel like eating their Japanese cuisine since reservations are not necessary. If you are looking for Japanese cuisine, Yuzen Japanese Restaurant is the place you should go to.  


Yuzen Japanese Restaurant 
LG03, Plaza Emerald North, Jalan PJU 8/3A, 
Damansara Perdana, 47820 Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03-7732 9730 
Business Hours: Mon - Sat: 12 pm - 2.30 pm and 6 - 10 pm





❤ Follow me at
Instagram - @janicemonteith
Dayre - janiceyeap
Twitter - @janicemonteith
Imotiv - janiceyeap

Comments